- Is it possible to integrate the Polk CommandBar into a Alexa Multiroom Group?
Yes, the Polk Command Bar is the world’s first third party device that can be integrated into an Alexa Multiroom group, together with other Echo devices or Command Bars. Simply say "Alexa, play Music everywhere", and hear your music played across the complete group.
How does it work?
1. The Echo Speaker and the Command Bar (s) should be integrated into the same home network and registered to the same Amazon account.
2. The current firmware 206 for the Polk Command Bar must be installed. Your device should perform this update automatically.
3. Open the Amazon app and click on the "Devices" tab. Once you’ve done this, you will then need to click on the ‘+’ symbol in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Then select "Add Multiroom Speaker"
5. After selecting a name for the multiroom group, you can then select the individual speakers that you would like to play within it, such as an echo and the Polk Command Bar.
6. Once you’ve done this, you’re ready to go. Now you can ask Alexa to play music on your ‘group name’ and hear it played across all applicable devices.